PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 11:22
derab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks LRH,

no go with pacific blue too.. I will just have to make sure she is in the window seat
she is 4 now and i reckon she could take one of my crash tackles if it came to the crunch.
when she was 2 and terrorising the cabin it was hard to "dissuade her from wandering" in front of other PAX , but at 4 she can reason a little better and is open to a more rational argument.

BTW, I am believer in the "moderate use of non verbal persuasion" so, hopefully "the look" will suffice for the 3 1/2 hours of the trip.
No2 isn't quite walking yet so there isn't the worry of him going for a wander and bugging everybody on the plane, I will leave that till my next trip to the UK.. in June next year will all in tow.. I am thinking I will REALLY have to research that car seat rule.
The problem with that restraint system you like (the CARES system) is that it is air travel specific, you couldn't use it on a train or a bus or in a car, with the car seat, I can use it on a coach with seatbelts, it has a "stabiliser bar" so i could use it on a train (we used it on eurostar in 2005) and of course it works in a car.. with the australian system of a top strap it works bloody great on hatchbacks with split folding seats.
my apologies to people wanting to read about out of control kids, but my opinion is that a method of controlling them is denied to some of the parents that want to create as little hassle for other users of the plane as possible.
also the table in the toilets is inadequate for the job, therefore I am in the camp of the parents that change nappies in the cabin ( I do, and quickly remove the offending article to the toilets) as I think that the table in the toilets is a serious safety risk.
actually, after looking at that CARES system, it looks a lot like the "H" strap I have to supplement the booster seat I use for the 4 year old, it would probably come close to the specs of the CARES system (I might bring it and ask the PAX behind us for the OK) but its nowhere near as comfortable or safe as the maxi rider.

Last edited by derab; 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:44.