PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment V
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 10:11
oceanspray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
31 y.o. and below arm reach limit. :(

I made a long post like a couple of weeks ago, but I have no idea why it was never posted. Don't think any of the content was inappropriate. Anyway, here I go again.

I'm 31 y.o., so am not exactly young. I know that Emirates has no age limite, which I think is really great (not just for me), but because it shows they're more concerned with professionalism.

One of my biggest concerns if the fact that I'm short. I think I'm only around 157cm. On the Emirates website, it says you have to have an arm reach of 212cm. On other websites, I've read you need to be over 157.5cm. I tried the arm reach and don't think I can make it. And I've read some occasions where a girl was dropped at the last interview when she couldn't reach the limit. So do you think there is no chance whatsoever if I can't reach the limit? I know it's for security reasons, but.. is there any possibility they might look at my other skills?

I'm Korean and I've heard that Koreans are like the third largest recruited group after UK and Australia nationals. One question is... there seems to be an agent called ANC in Korea that works with Emirates. Maybe it's because they hire so many Koreans, but ANC seems to be in charge of the preliminary assessment. Problem is it's also like an agency that offers 'how to be a flight attendant' course (like USD1500 for a 5-week course). Am totally not interested ('cuz I don't believe you should pay that much..). But do you think I would be at a disadvantage? Would they clearly choose one of their students if the stats are similar?

Lastly, I know that it says they require you to have a proportionate figure..(and I understand why). I am currently overweight and have to really work out.. how important do you think weight is in the screening process?

Found out there's an assessment day in Korea on Nov. 22. and am interested, but.. so much to do.