PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2008, 07:20
Grizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clanger - bang on

G-BFUN

Like the MAPS schemes they will have a job before they start training - nice feeling!
One year they are ordering new a/c the next there not sure! I'll enter the fATPL training next year with that worry off my mind!
Each to their own

Flybe are very sure. They have ordered 60 Q400s, are operating 40 now and are in receipt of a new one every 5-6 weeks. Pity to miss out perhaps.

Think about the worry (as you get towards the IR stage of training) as to how you are going to make the loan repayments (if you have one). Tends to focus the mind, but perhaps not on the priority. The idea of having the job before you start must be worth a fortune in itself. I can not imagine Flybe signing up to a contract costing them £13.5K if they were not sure if you would be needed or not - but then there was Sterling - true, but a totally different business model. Have you seen Flybe's latest results in the present challenging climate? A fair bet I would say.

Of course the FATPL route is a good choice too but it would be foolish to turn your nose up if an opportunity presented itself to have a job, pay less for the training and be worry free. You never know, Flybe might even pay you while you are doing it

Last edited by Grizzle; 2nd Oct 2008 at 07:40.