PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apnea, early starts blamed in Hawaii pilots' nap
Old 1st Oct 2008, 23:31
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Another SLF speaking. A11, the problem with trying to get EVERYONE to change the rules together - so that everyone benefits is that ... You have to get EVERYONE to change their mind at the same time and they (the carriers) all think that there are no benefits for them!

As Airbus Girl has said, the UK's CAA are run by politicians for the benefit of big business - and almost every other country has the same system! (I say 'almost' as I want to leave a get out for my lawyers ) Until fatigue is shown to be the prime cause of several prangs - nothing will happen. I say that because the only things that changes politicians and big business is money (and hull losses + deaths = £/$)

It is the same reason why the flight time rules will not be applied to corporate pilots. UNLESS a corporate pilot has the ability to nail a 744 - over London - and live to prove that they were fatigued. Sorry if that humour is too dark, but that is what it would take. Even then, the corporate employer's lawyers would 'prove' that the pilot was negligent about not taking themself off duty.