PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 16:51
aleaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Frankly I must say that reading most of these messages about Alitalia and Italy left me without a word.
I am a first officer for Alitalia, actually on maternity leave, with licence and type rating expired: italian law doesn't permit me to return to work until my son is 1 year old, so all I can do is HOPE they will hire me in the newco.
It makes me very happy to read that people think this is a joke!
In 8 years of Alitalia I did my job everyday like many of you in the BIG COOL companies: my fault was having CEOs that would close flight that were full and leaving others that were empty, that would pay more than market price for services, that would be always prone to political interest (Mr Mengozzi was the first to close up everything and now he is advisor for Air France), etc etc.
What was I supposed to do? I just did my job like all of you, flying at my best, studying....
Now someone comes and say that to be good Alitalia has to close down half flights, my basic wage (if I'll have one) starts from 847 euros and the first 55 flight hours will be paid at 13,5 euros and will be fixed for the first 8 years, I'll be having 10 days off in winter and 8 in summer (from May to October) and only 2 of them will be sure has the others can be moved as airline desires, that in 30 days they can move me from Rome to Venice to Catania or Bologna or Milan or Turin and most of all my union contract will be discussed not by my union but by the same unions for ground workers and fight attendants ( all my respect for their job)!
And you still think it is a joke! I always hope for you that this won't be taken as an example in the eu!