PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blink
Thread: Blink
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 14:09
flynowpaylater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I think that Blink will do OK, but will change it's speed of expansion and price structure
But the whole business plan and huge front loaded investment is based upon the pile em high and sell em cheap model. They are achieving the latter, but clearly the uptake isn't what was expected, or they wouldn't feel the need to make such inaccurate quotes in the industry press.

Dingbat - it is unlikely that people will come on this forum to congratulate each other. That's what the BACA's for. We are all expressing our opinions. A lot of those opinions are based upon many years in the industry. If I wanted to blindly support something just because it looks good, I'll support Spurs!

On the Blink issue though, basically I believe the concept is flawed because they seem to think that the only competition is Net Jets and Air Partner (Gold Air). The fact is that they are effectively going to have to scrap it out with the many independent biz jet and air taxi operators out there, all of whom have their own established customer base, including brokers, who in turn have their customer base.

I just can't see that they will achieve the market share they require, or indeed generate enough extra business, currently not in the charter market to make it work.

With only one type, they cannot offer customer A, (who last week had 2 pax to GVA, but now has 6 to NCE). any option. So customer retention / loyalty will be difficult.