PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 11:41
G-BFUN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MPL at FlyBE

Hi Guys & Gals
This is my first post, I have done some investigating about the MPL. My posistion is that I have my PPL but looking to go and get my fATPL. I know about Sterling and they let their MPL grads go after 6 months which is a blow.
The fact is I would love to join FlyBE as a new FO but it is making me cautious about all the posts and the article about FlyBE being the first UK airline to introduce the MPL.
Does this mean if I start my fATPL course next winter (as planned) and qualify end 2010/beg 2011 there will be no chance of getting in with FlyBE with a traditional CPL ME IR MCC low hours pilot if they have all their intake with a new MPL scheme they may offer.
This is a real big concern to me as FlyBE seem to be one of the best companies to work for and they seem keen to take on low hours pilots but I can not blame them if they have an aggrement with a FTO to train new pilots on an MPL scheme it makes perfect business sense to FlyBE. The last thing I want to do is train on the traditional route (only route now) and get my fATPL to be told at the end, FlyBE/ Ryanair etc are only taking on new pilots via their MPL schemes and be left with no airlines taking on low houred pilots?
Does anyone think this could be a reality?