PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take the money and run?
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 09:53
dallas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brit bus driver
$hit or get off the pot.

To be honest, you're doing your fellow servicemen and women a dis-service by taking promotion with such a cynical viewpoint. Your heart will never be in the job and, believe it or not, it needs to be for the sake of your subordinates/peers (you don't mention your branch, nor the role this promotion would entail).

I hope your desk officer reads this, recognises you, and pulls the offer - not out of malice, just for your own good and that of your colleagues.
I don't think the bloke is being selfish - he's apparently earned promotion and the system requires him to do 2 years to benefit from the pension that goes with his new rank. As ever the system is wrong.

Moreover, this bloke is going. How many others do you know who are nurtured into becoming 'yes men/women' by little more than the attractive pension they'll get in a few years time? I know quite a few who would sell their grannies to get on in the short term, knowing they'll be clear of the mess of an air force they leave behind. If you're looking for traitors, look no further than this crowd.