PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 50,000 Staff Files stolen from Innsworth
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 09:27
cornish-stormrider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just sent the bar-stewards this.

To Whom It May Concern

Yesterday I telephoned the JPAC helpline for the loss of RAF and veterans data. I was treated very badly by the "call handler" on the other end of the telephone. Furthermore the call handler has informed me that for them to investigate who I am I need to send in two more pieces of personal information with my service number to prove who I am. I will not be trusting any more of my personal data to the same people who managed to lose so much data in the first place. I have contacted my banks and advised them I am an "at risk" client and they are to take maximum measures to protect my finances and data.

My service number is XXXXXXXX.

Assuming you have not lost my entire RAF history then you can telephone me or email me at the address this mail was sent from and using my file ask me questions to identify me correctly - then you will be able to tell me whether or not my data has been affected. If you cannot find my file then, obviously I have been badly affected and you need to tell me urgently.

Be futher advised I am seeking legal advice with regards to this matter.

Also note I am emailing you from my work email account as I do not wish you to have access to my personal account.

Yours, with considerably more professionalism than has been shown by the RAF