PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 09:24
james michael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick

As long as you appreciated the humour - we may have differing views but occasionally we need to laugh together.

I feel you refer to ADS-B for Australia when you state
You and I know (and you support) Australia always doing something new that has never been proven anywhere else in the world
Now Dick, I feel you are making a play on words there. ADS-B 1090ES is working well on ATC screens around the world, something you and I know quite well.

What is different in Oztralia is:
1. A lower level rollout
2. A cross industry subsidy
3. Linked TSO 146 GPS for IFR
4. The potential to roll out your NAS Class E airspace
5. Cheap availability of ADS-B IN traffic advice, unlike the USA scheme

I still cannot fathom why you are so negative to Oz using its intellectual capital to lead the world into the new technology and airspace architecture. Deity knows, except for the holes in the ground we ain't got much else to flog except our intellectual capital.

Your demand to retain the radars for 5 years cruels the cross industry funding and denies GA the opportunity. But, as you have noted, you can afford to pay for it

So, you've never done something new that's never been proven elsewhere in the world? Dick, I think I'll put my collection of your books and articles up for auction on Ebay on the strength of that

Peuce
Good question - GPS provides its own altitude but RS232 encoders provide their txpdr altitude - all separate from the altimeter that you and I might have forgotten to reset for QNH - now, how can we make ATC provide an alarm to fix that