PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 1st Oct 2008, 08:31
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason that both Ryanair, easyJet and flybe insist on photo ID is REVENUE PROTECTION. It means if I book a cheap fare I can afford to miss and give to a mate for free, they won't allow it and inist he books full whack if he wants to travel.

This is why I much prefer BA and bmi who don't add ANOTHER layer of fussiness onto my journey within my own country. ( BA sometimes need the bankcard used to make the booking but that's not always the case. )

Unless the girl at the gate is a moron, there is no real reason why the cabin crew should need to recheck the documentation 30 seconds later. In Paris at CDG last week, I met a G4S man complete with rucksack, clearly leaving the area with his shift finished, on the walk from the gate down the long secure passageway to the airbridge. He gives me a funny look, stops me in my tracks and asks for ID! That's what happens when you wear a hoody when not at work in a suit. I gritted my teeth and presented my ID AGAIN....

You are making compliant sheep of us all damn you. * Baaaaaah*

There is a corrosive effect over time :
"May I see your papers?" "They are in order, you MAY proceed."

Minimise the above as it's a pain, just remove the duplication and be consistent, because when different carriers do this differently you know it's not about security.