PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post IOT
Thread: Post IOT
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2001, 03:39
Big Pants

Cool Post IOT

Sorry, another wannabe question.

Im another starting IOT shortly as an ATC officer. Just wondering what the chances are at looking at other branches whilst going through IOT.

Would it be possible to look at changing to e.g. Flight Ops if the post is availiable, or is it cast in stone that I will be an ATC officer. Not that this is a problem, it wasn't my first choice I admit, but would be interested to know what my other options are.

In all honesty I would like to fly rottary, and passed all apptitudes and the first medical, however I was told that you apply to ber a FJ pilot and you are then filtered down to multi or rottary if your not up to FJ. Is this true or is there the option of strongly pushing for rottary training?

Im sure ill get all the 'what u doing this for if ur not sure what u wanna do....' responses, but a bit of help would be greatly received as to be honest I am not too sure.

Never even considered flying untill they gave me the option of applying for it at OASC, and didnt have time to consider it properly.I'd be happy with ATC but feel that Im lucky to have the option to fly and should probably take it.

Any help greatfully received!