PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF EBA Voted Down
View Single Post
Old 1st Oct 2008, 00:18
max autobrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL wrote:
"Thank you for the PM and background to the politics within AIPA but I need this answered if anyone can. Who TF stopped the initiation of a bargaining period was it Woods/Duggan or the alternative Jackson/Susz team?
I don't care who wants to be President as long as it isn't the peanut who voted down this resolution to formally notify Qantas that we are serious about resolving our EBA and the current offer just doesn't make the grade. "

I see your question has been answered LL, yes it's Capt Labrador and F/O Corridor Crawler backed by the company Lap Dogs on Com!

A mate of mine came up with the following thoughts about the coincidence of why the Lap Dogs obviously at the companys beck and call so vehemently wanted anything to do with EBA8 dead and buried and never to be resurrected!
What if due to economic circumstances the company is now strategically planning for a big worldwide economic slow down.
Killing off EBA8 would achieve a two fold aim ,firstly help with Capt Labradors aspirations to become the next company puppet president and secondly by killing off EBA 8 (which was mostly negotiated at a time when pilots had more leverage) the Company gets rid of a massive cost impost.

What do you think the difference in monetry terms of Minimum guarantee of EBA 8 stacked up against the Min guarantee under EBA7 would work out to be if the Company decides to park say 1/4 or so of the fleet?