PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 23:59
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick,
I for one would enjoy having you at a centre, remote TCU or tower to show you what really goes on. We are professionals and do pride ourselves on what we do and would welcome the chance to show you what really goes on behind the scenes, and discuss your concerns. As I and others have said your proposal has merit, but it is not the simple matter you make it out to be.

To the other pilots reading this, please do not hesitate to ask ATC for assistance. C-change talks about an US and THEM mentality, lets try to knock this on the head. ATC are there to assist YOU. We can't always do the things you want due to work levels e.g. putting a flightplan in on the air. When we can when requested, we ring companies , refuellers , etc and try to do those things we are not required to. I know SY FLOW tries hard to accomodate runway changes to save taxying time.

We don't do things just to muck you about. We are not resistant to change, we want to make sure that what is changed will be better for safety than what we had, and achievable with the resources available. We are constantly changing things.

If you are unsure of your position or have a problem call us. Unfortunately for the pilot reading here who doesn't have much to do with ATC, the vibe probably coming out through these exchanges is that ATC would give me short shrift if I called. As Dick states "This has never been true. I have had excellent and fair service from Aussie controllers.". If you have a problem call, if you are getting anomolous nav data, call us. Don't hesitate, we are there to help, not dispense judgement on you.