PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying from and around Bournemouth
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 20:36
Nibbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nibbler, I am sure working for Bournemouth flying club hasn't made you biased at all!
Good first post. You can only talk with authority on what you know. Any bias would be clearly seen and I do seem to be speaking about facts rather than giving any personal opinion.

But why charge membership at all?! How do you justify charging your loyal members?
It's not my place to justify anything, I don't run or own the place. Care to point me and everyone else here to a flying club that does NOT charge a membership?

You are not the only one to give away free tea and coffee - many local schools also give away tea and coffee to their students, not to mention water! So this is no justification for the membership fee!
The free things mentioned were not a justification for the membership, just another fact.

As for the frequent flyer rate, is this not what Old Sarum flying club did just before they went into liquidation?
Just because the frequent flyer idea was used at Old Sarum does not make it a bad idea. Most schools (including Old Sarum) have a bulk buy scheme of some sort.

Same staff and management, same business model and packages - lets hope you don't go the same way for the students and your sake!
Some of the people who were at Old Sarum (not all) did indeed move to Bournemouth flying club. This list includes some ground staff, instructors and students and it is continuing to grow all the time. I need a job to pay for my flying and training, Old Sarum had/have nothing on offer, Bournemouth did. QED.

I can't speak for the financial state of BFC but it seems more robust than it was at Old Sarum under the old regime.

Actually I'd rather be back working and flying at Old Sarum - but that's a statement made from the needs of practicality rather than personality, if you get my drift.

Finally back to topic - Bournemouth IMHO be a better option for RMarvin86 given his aims, transport needs and wallet.