PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 20:18
Otterman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Little magazine “the economist” has an article that is titled “How Alitalia symbolizes the ills of the euro-area’s third economy”.
The euro area's backmarker | Creeping along | The Economist .
You are suggesting that I am the only one saying anything ill about Italy and the mentality that allows people like SB to lead them, and companies like Alitalia to continue to operate, while they have no legitimate reason to do so.

In order to qualify for the Euro Italy met the requirement for exactly 5 months, and it has given the Euro zone the finger ever since. The Euro requirement states that the National Debt can be no greater than 60% of GDP. Many don’t meet this requirement, but Italy is showing particular scorn. Germany is at 65%, France at 64.2%, the Netherlands at 50%. Italy is the worst of the lot at 107% of GDP. This national shame is harming the Euro’s value by undermining its intrinsic value. But as I stated before the discussion is useless, I have stated that I am disgusted by the way this is unfolding. People get the government they deserve, so that says enough. Best of luck in that mess, in Northern Europe we roll our eyes into the back of our heads when we see the way things are done in that country. What always comes to mind when I think of Italy is “Style above substance”. If the place was located in the Caribbean it would justly qualify as a banana republic. I am signing off this discussion. I have been clear enough.

el#, just to put things in perspective. Per capita GDP makes Italy's rank 21 in the world. Just a number game there. Anyway laterz.