PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CV upload an privacy...need your advice
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 19:28
One9iner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before you read my answers, please understand I am a low hours guy and not nearly in a position currently to be handing my CV to an airline with the intention of asking for a job... however:

Quote:
  • Would you consider this practice as too relaxed? I wouldn't like my CV being publicly available to "anyone". I don't think anyone would, irrespective of which industry . . the internet is the internet!
  • Would you prefer if the data is only visible to recruiters? Yes, but how does one become classed as a 'recruiter' on such a webpage?.. can anyone register as a potential recruiter and then gain access to a huge amount of information?
  • Would you upload your CV to such a website? In what case , would you not upload? I wouldn't if I didn't trust a) the website b) the real reasons for the website c) the securty etc ...
Having said all that, I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to upload too much personal information on such a website i.e. full name, date of birth, address - which surely would make the whole objective slightly fruitless unless you could advertise your credentials without naming yourself and being slightly savvy about providing sensitive information, but somehow providing a vague CV with a quick link to a personal message system which a potential employer can contact?

Like the thinking - don't like the exposure . . sorry