PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finance for CTC
Thread: Finance for CTC
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 18:15
One9iner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Topslide...

One can understand the frustrations of your average 'wannabe' in the current climate... ; poor economic situation, airline industry cutting back, becoming difficult to gain unsecured loans, CTC losing their ability to secure a bond etc.. yet as a wannabe, completely ready to go, ready to put the hard work in and ready to learn the trade of your life and build the career you are so madly obsessed in developing… believe me, thats me! But good things come to those who drink Guiness! don't actually like Guiness.

Unfortunately you can also see the impatience of some ‘wannabes' who can get their hands on the money required for training; but are allowing their impatience and for the dream to cloud their vision (or lack of it) of the certainty of the elusive jet job within 14 months from day 1 of training…

Everyone comes from a different background, different age, different acedmic grounding, but everyone has the similar dream of landing that "job"... plus everyone has a choice to make about the different way into their first right hand seat job...

However, unless you've got cash and more cash to back up a a potential sour investment or loan, not everyone can understand the risk and liability implications of making a wrong move..

It's not chess, you can't re-start a game if your Queen gets snatched and your King's about to be toppled, you make a wrong move when it comes to the money and you lose out for longer than some might realise.. even if you manage to get a license.. get yourself an ATPL, it's a fact of life that if there aint any jobs, there aint any jobs !

Not to be all doom and gloom, not one graph is one directional, things go up; great! and come down; ouch! then go up again...great!

My point : everyone's different - but the industry is the same for everyone !

smart decisions pay

Last edited by One9iner; 30th Sep 2008 at 18:55.