PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Info on twotter ops in the Maldives?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 17:34
CraigyD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone, did post this else where but had no answer....

I've recently decided that i'd like to go on the floats for a career and I have an egar eye on going to the Maldives, but im unsure on how to get a foot in the door so to speak ! I have found a couple of operators around Croatia and Greece who say they will take low hour pilots and even pay for a float rating for 'the right applicant'. By time I will actually get round to be able to apply for these positions, I should (if all goes to plan!) have a fair amount of hours and reasonable expirience from instructing (I plan to get my instructor rating after gaining my CPL before moving onto the ME/IR).

Essentially, my question is, I have the funds avalible to do a SES rating out in California next March after I have done my FAA PPL (if my M-1 visa interview goes well on the 14th of October !) and was wondering if it would be worth doing? I think the expirence will be amazing regardless, so if im honest, im very tempted to do it but don't want to 'potentially' waste money that could be used later to get a multi engine commercial sea rating.
Am I making sense with this question.....?

Forgot to mention (don't know if really matters that much) that I will end up with JAA licences.

Thanks guys and girls

Craig