PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 17:04
Ivor_Novello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMRR Wasn't meant to be a cheap shot at all, and apologise if anyone believed so. I just meant that, as you guys know much better than me, human factors can play a part in incidents and mistakes and financial instability can, in some people, be a cause for stress.

Trust me, I am not one of the shoulder chip brigade. I did fail stage 3 a year and a half ago and, despite a solid aviation background, a private licence, experience in airline ground ops and good results in the aptitude tests (according to their feedback, not mine) CTC believed that I wasn't suitable for team work and invited me not to apply ever again. I have been involved in team work all of my adult life, so something must have really gone wrong in that interview....

Now I could be in the situation of being at the end of training with no job and lots of debt, and I would hate it. Also because I could have been in the same situation with self sponsored training, ending up equally without a job, but at least spending much less. So in the end I guessing failing the selection was a bit of a blessing in disguise. At least for me, and the way I perceive debt. Others can be more relaxed about it, and can handle the financial stress better.

And PAJ, I'll give you that, the last 400 feet can be quite interesting sometimes

regards