PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 30th Sep 2008, 15:31
merlinxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boardingpas

Well said.

It is up to the Airport Operator to provide info on so called security prior to boarding.

I have been around this business for over 40 years, all European/US/CA/ME carriers I have flown on as pax (even staff & Dead Head) have checked boarding pass on boarding. This is Company SOP in most air carriers of all designations.

The Cabin Crew are there for Your Security, Safety & Survival. This is a legal requirement, and they are trained and licensed accordingly.

Perhaps the role of the Cabin Crew is not adequately made obvious to the paying pax. They have control of the Cabin, you/me as pax do not. In the event of a disrupted arrival, the Acft Commander (aka Capt) devolves command to the senior surviving Cabin Crew member once the acft has come to rest.

If you have a bitch/whinge etc., suggest you look first at your mood/attitude of mind and adjust your present thinking. Maybe a lesson or three in meditation techniques would not go amiss?

No I am not Cabin Crew, have controlled many in the past, trained some, respect them all, even the Old Bints on AA/DL/US/NW etc!