PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 30th Sep 2008, 15:11
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Queue for fast bag drop after check in. Answer the same questions again.
2) Manage to get around the small Asian teenager in a bright yellow sweatshirt several sizes too big waving a bag at me. He reminds me about the 100 ml rule. His disappointment at failing to impede my progress is tempered when he manages to prevent an old lady procedding to security as her bag was a centimetre too large for the cradle.
3) Belt round my neck and camera out the rucksack as electronic jiggery pokery confuses security when cluttered with the rest of my gear. Amazed that the people in front appear never to have flown and hold everyone up.
4) Find myself in the Duty Free shop hopping on one leg attempting to put my shoes on.
5) Find departure gate and am afraid to relax as I need to show my ID yet again. Depending on the airline I might have to show boarding card and ID at the gate and again at the aircraft 100 yards later on the bridge. That ID might be my passport to get me from London to Glasgow.

By the time you tell me where my seat is, I have had that ID checked 4-5 times. Modern air travel is just a stressful rat race, the Tube is more relaxing. it's not personal, but by the time I get to you, I'm in no mood to be stopped again alas. ( I don't argue that it may be necessary due to inconsistencies at airports. )