PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 14:02
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The argument for ID cards that is based around 'if you have nothing to hide' is wrong and spells out everything that has gone wrong in the UK over the last 10 years of a labour government. If you don't agree with their point of view then they create spin to suggest that you are in fact some sort of radical lunatic.

i.e. If you don't agree with the way immigration has been handled over the last few years you are immediately branded a racist.

If you want to mention how we are pandering to muslim radicals you get slammed as anti-islamic.

If you are against the UK joining the Euro, you are said to be a Xenophobic.

I do not want an ID card because I live in a free country and I want to go about my business without the government knowing my every move and hence tax it. The ID card will not benefit me in any way shape of form, it will be used for other purposes that could in fact be of detriment to me. Forcing me to have an ID card that will not assist in security just because I work in a job that requires security clearance is political thuggery designed only to save their own reputations rather than back down.

Within 5 years of its implementation there will be a scandal from either losing all our information on a laptop because the private company hired to look after it all was inept or there will be some unscrupulous/incompetent employees caught abusing our information for either criminal or terrorist means. There will be wholesale failure much like the CSA debacle.

Why do I distrust this government so much? Because they are a lying, cheating, war mongering bunch of self obsessed hooligans.