PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alitalia (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 13:58
el #

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
philipat, some pages ago links were posted to show how no EU taxpayer was ever shafted of any money to any italian purpose or Alitalia in particular, because unlike other countries, Italy is a net contributor to the EU balance. Please stop repeating this false information.

Otterman, I see your point and I share it to a large extent. Just to be clear, I don't have any particular "simpathy" for Alitalia and I have none to Mr. Berlusconi. However I think the current direction stinks, but stinks less than a grounding.

I'm alway about puzzled by foreing people expressing quick opinions on other countries and their good or bad aspects. I've lived extensively in three countries and I needed to learn the language, history and culture to be able to form an educated opinion of my own. About Italy I like to read about it in the international press, but knowing things "from within" I see that many pieces are well written while others are just junk. So my invitation would be just to hold your judgment on foreign complicated matters unless you've a direct exposition on them.