PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 30th Sep 2008, 11:27
derab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
as a freight dog, its interesting to read some of the CC's plights with SLF. There are a few things that have always puzzled me when I take my kids on a flight (I travel OZ - UK and OZ - NZ regularly, sometimes with the kids)
1. why won't someone fit a belt onto that table in the toilets, on a narrowbody you might as well support the kid by putting them, head first down the loo. the table is slippery and the roof just comes in at you, that setup is a recipe for disaster when you are trying to change the bloomin thing.
2. Car seats, why, oh why to the check in staff insist that you cannot take a car seat onto the plane? Once I managed to talk them into letting me take it onboard on a trip to NZ.. Carseats are designed to be locked into place by a lap sash belt (they are in NZ and OZ anyway) .. so I lock it into position.. and hey presto I have a 5 point harness to lock my little angel into position (she was 2 YO at the time).. she acted like she was in the car.. she was asleep before we went through 10,000 feet and slept pretty close to the 3 hours of the trip. Heaven.. I tell you the look of amazement that was on the pursers face (chief steward??) when he realised how the setup worked proved that he had never seen that arrangement used before. and I had a convert..
as you can tell, I am a believer in "strapping em in" if you dont want movement. but I guess thats my freight dog heritage coming out..
BTW.. I loved the posting about the "change this kid" pure mastercard moment.. top marks.

Last edited by derab; 30th Sep 2008 at 12:29.