PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 30th Sep 2008, 10:44
christep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boardingpass
I guess most pax don't realise that the cabin crew are the ones who are ultimately responsible for the security of the plane - and our lives depend on it! The gate-staff aren't going to be flying with any potential security-threats or be the ones to sort out why there aren't enough seats for the passengers. So to grumpy SLF, give us a break, we are doing our jobs for our and your safety.

The number of times we catch passengers at the door who are trying to board the wrong plane is frightening.
I'm sure it's because I'm a naive SLF, but so that I won't be so naive next time could you please explain how a passenger is more of a security threat boarding the wrong plane than they are boarding the right plane? When you send them off to the correct gate they suddenly become "safe" again? How does that work?

And, assuming is does indeed work then surely the way for us all to board safely is to put the wrong signs up at the gate for each flight. That way we'll all board the wrong planes, be sent off back the right ones and all be much more safe and secure as a result.

Alternatively, please think a bit before wheeling out the "security" excuse - it is used so often these days in contexts where in fact there is absolutely no security issue at all that it has become like the little boy crying "Wolf!".