PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JSF and A400M at risk?
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 09:53
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thou speaketh in riddles BD - why would BAe be any more inclined to push the (relatively minor) modification of just a part of the Typhoon fleet when they already have a significant stake in JSF? Actually, please don't bother even answering that as we're going round in circles here! You obviously have your view and I have mine. As I've said, I tend to agree with the growing (and welcome) view that JSF is a complete waste of money. Contrary to your comments, the choice will be made (there are no other viable options) and hopefully sooner rather than later.

There was of course a great deal of speculation that the option of using the Typhoons that we will already have was merely a bluff to give America a nudge in the right direction, but anyone can see (unless you choose to stick your head in the proverbial sand) that the JSF saga simply continues to become less encouraging and even more expensive. You can argue the merits of both JSF and Typhoon but ultimately it comes down to the cost, and given our financial situation, I don't think the Government will have the stomach to spend that much money for so long, on an aircraft which we can comfortably do without. We're talking about huge sums of money. Argue as much as you like but really it's that simple.