PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gfs Sold
Thread: Gfs Sold
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2008, 04:28
ABX
AustralianMade

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
povo, very funny mate!

Actually this is the exact same experience I had with them. I attended an interview with them, where I interviewed them, and did a TIF in a C172 at YMMB. The pilot who took me for the TIF was a really nice bloke who had recently graduated from GFS - after spending $100K - who advised me to find another career if I wanted to avoid going broke. Remember this is one of their employees and recent graduate. I asked him why and he told me he was being paid $19K per year - and this after spending $100K.

I really appreciated his honesty and that he was not afraid to speak his mind, however I was not turned off becoming a pilot, rather, I was turned off the big metro flying schools like GFS.

My local schools here in Albury offer a full course, CPL/MECIR, for around $60K. Heaps of CAVOK, little traffic in the circuit and a training area the size of Belgium!

ALLICEDUP, check your own facts mate, povo is spot on.
I suppose you here this crap from the school you train at. Whatever!
Pot and kettle, the management at GFS surely dished up a bunch of crap (and lies) about country flying schools during my enquiries. Have I seen you defending GFS before? What is your association with them?