PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hot air balloons
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 19:26
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to my mate (CPL/B) it is reasonably easy to nominate a landing field 10 minutes out.

He then calls the field (using O.S Landranger maps which give farm names etc) to ground crew who then try to identify relevant farmhouse. Or go direct as they know E Anglia very well. While the balloon is still in the air permission is almost always gained and the balloon lands. Landie(12 seater-no minibus required) + trailer then goes to landing field by route nominated by landowner (or safest route if landowner is out).

Bottle of plonk changes hands and voucher offering reduction in a balloon flight given to landowner.

My mate always aims to land in stubble or pasture and has never (no never) landed in standing crops.

Pax are urged to assist in collapsing(three get out while rest remain in basket to prevent lift off), pull the envelope over , then rest get out and assist in wrapping up envelopeand lifting end of basket so trailer can 'back it on' : Sorted in 15 mins then short drive off private land to public lane before celebratory bubbly.

Totally professional, completely respectful of private property and as I've said before he's never been refused landing permission.

Stik: you're not suggesting no-one at all can pass your 'private' sign to get to your house, are you?

Cusco