PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 18:31
qwertyplop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call100 wrote:

Your scenario where it will be up to the individual airport will not happen.

You are missing the point that the card is nothing to do with airports, airlines, airside workers etc. etc.

I have no faith or belief that this will be the case call100, I really don't. I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying I just don't trust those involved in this process.

These places are private property, therefore they can do what they like, and they will. I understand they cannot compel you to do it by law but they can turn you away if you don't because they have that right. Same as the staff seach procedure now, I can refuse because I did not consent but they can refuse entry because I did not consent.

I don't think it's anything to do with the law at all, it's to do with what they want to do on their property. If they say I have to hop on one foot for 5 minutes before they let me through, what choice have I got if I want to work. It's why the security regime is different in every UK port because they've been allowed to interpret as they see fit.

I'm not that interested if it's to do with airport staff or not, that it effects me is all I'm bothered about.

I hope to be away from this stinking pit of a country before it's instigated. I never thought I'd ever say that.

Apologies if this seems a bit ranty, I just don't understand how we arrived at a point where the least qualified people to pronounce on something in our work environment have acquired so much power to impose an agenda upon the majority of good hard working people for no real quantifiable reason other than their failed experiments in multiculturalism.

How on earth is that my fault?

Why on earth did people sleepwalk into this nightmare?

Last edited by qwertyplop; 29th Sep 2008 at 20:44.