PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - grumpy at aircraft when asked for boarding pass. why?
Old 29th Sep 2008, 14:44
Final 3 Greens

I read the name on the boarding card and make small talk and then direct you down to your seat. what i would love to know, and it's an honest question, why do so many of you now ignore me/throw your coat at me/ tut and say rude things about me for asking for said boarding card. just a question, perhaps I'm old school?
I would ask you to take into account the experience the passenger may have been through for the previous couple of hours, with a lot of security type of checks. They may feel that they have had their details etc checked enough times.

If they live in another country, they may not be used to having their boarding passes checked at the door and may consider you to be officious and exceeding reasonable practice (although UK airlines have to do this.)

Also. what kind of travellers are you welcoming?

If I am on holiday, I'll gladly take the time to make small talk with you, but if I am going/coming on business, I probably won't wish to.

Sure, I'll be polite to you (and attentive for the safety brief), but the rest of the time I'll have a lot more on my mind (and coming back, be very tired after a tough trip and probably just wishing to be left alone.)