PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - who are your nicest celebs?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 13:49
anotherglassofwine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the student aircraft cleaning days - Waiting beside an EI Foker 50, brush in hand with cloth tied to end when Big Jack Charlton deplaned and walked straight over to me and my mini-vaccum wielding colleague... "My fishin gear is in there - can you boys grab it for me now!"
When we pointed out that we were mere cleaners it was obvious that Big Jack didn't take no for an answer! It was all pretty tongue and cheek so we popped over to our loader mates and ensured Jack got his fishing gear right there on the ramp. Autograph's followed for all the loadies and cleaners on the ramp... a gentleman. (albeit a tad scary!)
Niall Quinn - a gent as well .

Not Celebs - but honorary mention to some of the cc crew I worked with.
After cleaning Lufthansa, BA and Spanair aircraft the cabin crew regularly made sure we all left the airplane with cans of soda and chocolate bars... which was always appreciated. As for EI... I'll say nothing.

BAE 146 Captain - rain lashing in the door as the pax bored, made a call for a cleaner to come up and dry off the Galley floor before doors closed. Muggins here was dispatched on hands and kness pushing the water out the steps whilst by cheap light blue shirt turned very dark.
Captain came out and complemented me on my work and promised he would sort me out with a gift. 2 weeks later on another 146 he popped out of the cockpit and presented me with a beautiful model of the new (at the time) a330.... and I thought he would forget.
A true gent!