PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 29th Sep 2008, 11:08
scoobydoodoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, there's a monthly 2.5% commission on sales, divided amongst the crew members (so, its not like working in a restaurant where you get tips/commission depending on how much upselling you do). This is good and bad: good, because its fair and split amongst the team equally but bad, because some may not work as hard for it.

But I guess that happens when working in any team, you're always at risk of having a slacker around.

As for AirborneSoon's remarks- thats fantastic if you're able to get into an airline where you don't pay for your interview/uniform/parking/training etc and I congratulate you if you're able to do that! However for someone such as myself whose been to half a dozen airline interviews and turned down due to lord knows what reasons, I'm gonna accept whatever it is I can get.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to stick around, waiting on my back side unemployed and saying no to certain airlines until one that doesn't have these extra fees decides I am the right candidate for the job.

Because the way I see it is that I am potential CC material, otherwise I wouldn't have progressed with Tiger.

At the end of the day its up to each individual, but to be honest paying $3,000AUD for training is nothing compared to never actually being a flightie, and I would much rather go through with it than live with a 'what if?'

Life's not going to make me any younger or happier unless I work towards my goals, and age is a ticking factor for me.