PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Airways (in OZ) Wannabes & Recruitment
Old 29th Sep 2008, 03:55
AirborneSoon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry but if you go into an interview with the attitude you are a beggar then you will be charged for things like your training (which BTW isn't optional, nor even transferable to another job). I've paid for my own education and training in many industries and in each case its been education I could take with me elsewhere, therefore I think its fair that I pay for it. But CC training is totally useless outside of the particular airline that trains you. CASA requires crew to receive full training for each airline they work for and each aircraft type. You are paying for something that has no personal benefit to you once you leave the doors of Tiger. You are essentially paying the airline to employ you.

It is true that thousands apply for these jobs but it's also true that perhaps only 10% of applicants are actually suitable (ie real contenders) for the job.
Thousands of crew have gotten jobs in airlines without needing to pay the airline to take them on. Be one of those people.

Back in the days of yore it was rare to get in because you basically had to wait for someone to retire before a position became available. Those days are over, crew requirements are much higher and more frequent than ever before for all airlines. Be selective, know you have options and know that if you are right for a crew position you won't need to pay someone to agree with you.