PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airspace Discussion
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 03:28
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
JM, you simply havn't got a clue. I understand you have never even owned your own aircraft-- I can see why.

Yes I am happy to pay for a proper IFR service at a place like Port Macquarie- and even happier when that service is given to the airline jets which fly there.

ADSB fitted to small VFR aircraft will have them all appearing on ATC screens wherever there is a ground station. What will ATC do with all of this extra information? No doubt they will provide a traffic information service on traffic that is already known about.

I know that this is what you are obsessed with. In the days before the AMATS changes RPT aircraft were given traffic information on all VFR aircraft.

This was a unique system to Australia and over a billion dollars has been saved since we decided to follow worlds best practice.

Not one life has been lost because of this change yet you are obsessed with bringing the VFR aircraft back into the ATC system again.

We now have TCAS- whats wrong with using that as the safety backup when all the other proven procedures have failed.

You are clearly convinced that AsA are doing the right thing for Australia. Why don't you get a job there and then "sell" there views without having to hide your name.

After all thats one of the reasons our forefathers went to war- to preserve the freedom of speech that you are so frightened to partake in.