PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of ATPL bank funding?
View Single Post
Old 29th Sep 2008, 02:26
daviojk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at the Dublin Flyer show, and most of the FTO were still pushing integrated. CTC don't do modular as they train 'Airline Pilots'. Not sure how any modular trained airline pilot would interpret that

I think over time they will have to start looking at modular courses to supplement the in-evitable drop off in integrated students able to to fund the course. There are alot of fixed costs, and it looks to me that these FTOs need to have a high number of trainees flowing through to maintain profitibility. But willing to stand corrected, as I am not their accountant....

Banks wont lend to each other, so I am struggling to see how they can justify lending GBP60k for a training course, plus GBP10k for living expenses, plus potentially another GBP20k to pay for a type rating (so you can get a job, to start paying off the loan). You will need a lot of equity in your house, to get a loan of this sort (forget unsecured). The era of easy credit/hard credit/any credit is over. When the dust has settled, the politicians & regulators will come after the banks to make sure this doesnt happen again, and this will have a knock on effect.