PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAMPS Drug and Alcohol Management
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 23:08
Socket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reg is written in such a manner that it covers EVERYONE in EVERY possible situation airside that is not a passenger.

You can be tested even if you are just standing around scratching your arse.

Its gonna be interesting come the flu season, instead of the usual large portion of your staff who pop a codral and soldier on, everyone who is concerned about being put out of work for two to three weeks will stay home sick.

I dont know of any aviation company that is likely to pay someone to have two to three weeks off for a false positive so the financial risks of coming to work with a medicated case of the sniffles are going to cause a lot of absenteeism.

CASA has supposedly had a lot of industry input into this. I'd like to know who it was because with idiots like that representing us we are all screwed.

Please note, I am all for testing, even random testing, but this limbo of a false positive needs to be cleared up. Also note that if you are over .02 you dont come back the next day, you need to have a 'comprehensive assessment', that aint gonna happen overnight. Best not come to work even slightly hungover-ever.

Last edited by Socket; 28th Sep 2008 at 23:11. Reason: bit more to add