PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways losing instructors
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 22:24
Qatari515

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emotions are running high at the moment and many people are, rightfully, very disappointed with what is going on. But I would not go exactly as far as for example schneidertrophy...

Things are far from perfect overhere, but I still think that besides EK who are playing in a league of their own, all other carriers are pretty much the same!

They work you hard, brake promisses and change policies more often than you hopefully change your underwear, but after all it is just a job!

The money will be in the account exactly when it should be and you will get a proper type rating and very good worldwide experience if you need that!

Regarding which company to join, that is a personal choice I would say, mostly dictated by the type of lifestyle you are looking for.

All I can say is "do your research and than do it once more". A middle eastern airline is a far cry away from the company you are probably used to, and this on ALL levels. The same goes for the private life you copuld expect here.
And networks should be part of that research but take it with a pinch of salt. Many people here will only speak up when unhappy, the happy ones are sitting by the pool getting pissed.

People come and people go. I have seen many people leave over the last few years but on the other hand, there still are quiet a few western expats here who have been here for a loooong time and who have no plans to leave!

Good luck!