PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nicknames
Thread: Nicknames
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2001, 19:40
Send Clowns

Red face

Well if GPS thought we were complementing his navigation then hope he reads this. The standard process while an Officer Cadet on sea training from Dartmouth has everyone doing his part of the taskbook work then copying the rest from a mate. GPS got the best marks by lending out his work with deliberate errors, then correcting his errors when other people had already copied it. Hence, GPS.

At JEFTS (Joint Elimentary Flying Training) even before he arrived his name became a tri-service watchword for doing things for yourself - if you made your own tea and didn't ask if anyone else wanted one you were a "tea B*******e". So much so that when he did arrive crabs who didn't know him said it when he was around .

TOBWARi

Is Ferengi still inside? I'm not, and have been busy on an ATPL course so am a bit out of touch. I may be able to guess who you are, and if I say I failed AFT at the end of the course on Mk6, you may be able to guess me, and even recognise my contribution above (he would have been a term behind you at BRNC).