PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 14:40
qwertyplop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
call100 wrote:

Sorry but that's not how it's working...Initially new pass applicants will need to provide one purely as Identity proof for their airside pass. It will not be required to be carried by any airport staff or shown at any security point.

This is the bit where we part in our views I think - I just can't see it stopping here. I'm sure that because airports are private property, the guard forces will be instructed to check the ID cards to verify the airside passes. It'll be done randomly and while you are not compelled to do it, refusal will lead to your airside pass being withdrawn.

I'm confident this will be the case eventually.

I'm emigrating because I really can't stand what has happened in this country any more - it's so ******* obvious to me yet seems to allude millions of others. So long as Joe Schmoo has cheap credit, a new car every two years and a 42' plasma telly - he's happy that he is making progress in his miserable little existance, he's happy to sell his soul down the river for whatever reason he's told by the powers that be. Given the present economic and security situation we face, perhaps Joe is waking up to what he's signed up for, as if it really matters though, the damage has already been done.

I'd go so far as to say that anyone who signs up to these miserable cards is a collaborator, strong words yes but you legitimise all that is wrong with the way we are governed today.

I despise and pity the future you are signing up for if you take one of these cards.