PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: ASA Staff Shortage
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 12:08
SARMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Topdrop,

The matter of the unsupervised trainees was reported to the relevent people at the time and the necessary disciplinary action was taken at that time. This was in the days before ESIRs...remember CA225s?

Yes, we do have some trainees in the field, my mistake, my reference should have been narrowed to indicate ATC trainees being actively trained within the "college". However the yanks appear to have many more in the field and have many more in the pipeline.

The initial post, and reply to TT, were made "tongue in cheek" as a broad comparison between the two countries.

I spent almost 35 years as an ATC (and Civil Air member) which included some pretty intense industrial action including strikes. So I am not un-sympathetic to the Civil Air cause.

I was able to retire from ATC some 4 years ago and have not had to experience some of the most bloody minded management actions I have ever seen and that current ATCs are enduring.

My best wishes go with you, don't give in and, if you are old enough to remember, don't be fooled by the "secret initiative" (R Garlic circa 1978)

Regards
Stephen

Last edited by SARMC; 2nd Oct 2008 at 11:57. Reason: Date corrected