PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pacific Blue to Bali from December 1
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2008, 11:34
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to be a wet blanket, but Pac Blue will be as popular as herpes on the Bali run, as is JQ.

I am talking about the died in the wool surfers and Baliophiles who enjoy Garuda's full service and lenient handling of surfboards/golf clubs etc. as well as full and friendly service. No put down to DJ customer service level intended or implied there.

Garuda is offering excellent fares at the moment, adding capacity and actually making very good dollars ex Australia. As I have already experienced with SLF on Pac Blue out of NAN, the no plane - too bad attitude will not cut it on DPS either, particularly when you have to pay for everything other than the cramped seat you have already purchased.

I will be recommending the Garuda bird I am afraid, as locals have bag transfer ex QF from here, regional NSW and QLD and can leave their hands out of their pockets for the International flight sector.

Does anyone else sense a "populate or perish" mindset creeping in at DJ?

Some of the recent decisions such as DPS Internationally with 737 equipment and MQL with the jungle bunny do not seem to make a lot of sense.

MQL seems like a Rex hunt, so to speak and is a very big negative for the port. The last thing a regional port needs is jet equipment coming in over viable full service. Of course the "town fathers" never see this as they are all looking for any point of self gratification in the eyes of their constituents. DPO is no different. At least Rex is rearing on its hind legs and annoyin DJ. Well done Jed Wokka and the crew.

Best all

EWL