PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Pensions (Split from Pay 2009 thread)
Old 28th Sep 2008, 04:07
Arthur Scargill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since a joint statement has been released by NATS/NTUS there doesn't seem to be anyone representing an opposing point of view. As far as I was aware Prospects standpoint was one nats one pension and to resist any worsening of the terms of our pensions. When did the members give their permission for this policy to change?? The charm offensive is well underway with briefings at units / hotels in Southampton etc in the pipeline. With the unions blessing and no opposing voice I fear we may sign up to the memorandum of understanding and sell our pensions down the river. Does anyone know if it would be possible to propose a motion at prospect conference to request that the union doesn't recommend that members accept the changes?? The general feeling seems to be that the union is no longer representing member’s views or best interests. I’m starting to wonder why I’m paying fees to the union just so they can do managements dirty work to ensure our not for profit organisation makes a healthy return and may be easier to sell.