PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA against ID Cards - TUC Congress
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 16:45
qwertyplop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saddest Aviator Wrote:

Some numpty at the BAA security is probably dreaming up some excuse as we speak as to the reasons why we should all still be subject to additional screening as well as UK government screening. After all security is a good little earner for airports. Any thoughts?

No chance - there's a huge difference between passing through a 5 year check as is required now and being vetted properly - I'm sure some of the ex - forces people here will back me up on that one. Ergo the airports would shut down overnight if vetting was to be done properly - remember the Trever McDonald show about BHX and the behaviour of our airside colleagues? I sure do.

Another thing - what no-one here is picking up upon is the guard force companies in some UK airports are employing increasing amounts of Eastern Europeans to physically screen SLF and staff now - are these the same people that we all know CANNOT be screened for criminal records right now according to the Daily Mail?

BBC NEWS | UK | Airport staff avoid crime checks

In such circumstances, someone who has been honest and upfront about a previous mistake and declared it is a safer bet than some of those whose antecedence cannot be checked.