PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 16:10
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm a pilot, not a doctor, but I've written pages of stuff about classical migraine over the years. Search -- Loose rivets -- migraine -- Anytime (top of timescale list) -- and pick this forum at the bottom right.

First and foremost, is the visual disturbance definitely one eye or in both eyes? ( Edited.)

I ask you to be sure because sometimes, because of the way some information does not cross to the other hemisphere of your brain, it is surprisingly difficult to be tell if it is not some sort of overlap.

Don't panic, because so many people have an episode like this, but nevertheless, my feeling is that you should get an appointment to see an ophthalmic surgeon.

One told me that he sees many late onset migraine suffers, who have no idea what's going on. Often patients have never had anything like it in their lives before. Anyway, first things first: Is the disturbance in both eyes despite being in the left of your visual field? (Edited)

If it's still bad, monitor your temperature like a hawk. Report any significant rise quickly, and make sure they are informed or reminded of the entire problem to date. (Edited)

Last edited by Loose rivets; 27th Sep 2008 at 23:48.