PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurora Project
Thread: Aurora Project
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 12:09
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Will someone please explain the fuss about these "mystery" contrails" I flown across the pond behind and below other aircraft often enough to see all sorts of funnies, usually caused by a whole host of either meteorological phenomonem, or just interaction with jetwash or vortices.... I've even seen the "pulse jet" contrail much loved by the conspiracy theorists, trouble was it's always attached to something mundane like a 757, 767 or 747, etc etc...and I really can't see why the contrail in the youtube link is regarded as anything out of the ordinary.

As for Aurora concept itself, lets see, I've got keyhole satellites that have got resolution we here can only dream of, and if I really want to do stealthy fixed wing recon I'm sure it's easier to design some sort of recon package that would fit into the weapons bay of a the likes of the F-117 or the B2 than design something that goes booming along at Mach 5 plus.

I do believe in UFOs, in that people do see things they can't explain or identify, I don't I don't believe in Flying saucers, but I do believe in Machrihanish