PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 10:25
KandiFloss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLease help ... i'm worried

Im really worried about my left eye, when I look forward the vision out of the side of my left eye appears all foggy. It began on Thursday after drinking strong coffee. I got home and had a really spaced out feeling, just like if you spend too long in a room thats just been painted. I went to bed and thought that things would be ok when I woke up the next morning. When I woke up I thought that my vision was ok, but by the time I had gone downstairs the same thing had happened. I was gutted as I had to cancel my flying slot that day. I managed to get an appointment with my gp who checked my blood pressure (normal) and check for retinal damage etc, but said that she couldn't see anything and that she receommemded me to go for an eye exam that day. But appart from that she had no idea what was happening. She told me that if the condtion worsened then to go to casualty. I managed to get an eye exam done, but the optometrist said that she couldn't see anything wrong and that I had perhaps had a migraine. ( I do get them occasionally but they are never like that). When I left the opticians I felt really strange. I knew that there were people around me but it was as if they weren't really there. It seemed as though I was in a dream, really wierd. Luckily my husband was with me at the time.

I went home and had a sleep on the sofa and woke up with a migraine. I went to bed a couple of hours later. I woke up this morning initially feeling fine, but as soon as I had walked round the same symtpoms started happening ... foggy pheripheral vision in my left eye, difficulty in reading and feeling sick.

Please forgive my spelling, which is normally spot on , but im finding it hard to see.

It's really worrying because I normallly have perfect vision, and have never worn glasses. Even looking down to type is making me feel nauseus.

Has anyone ever had anything like this? Im really upset with this, not just for my current situation, but it's my dream to be able to fly professionally one day (I currently hold a Class1 medical).