PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-Reg, PPL, IR and UK - advice needed
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 09:25
scooter boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are axe-grinders in so many professions - some motivated by power , some by money. My profession, plastic surgery is no exception. The basic problem with these people is usually envy, envy that you might be doing better than them or that you may have ascended the greasy pole to success more rapidly, that your wife might be prettier and your house bigger etc... these people will always exist. Suffice it to say that the axe grinders generally suffer more through their vitriol than those that it is aimed at, envy is a poor bedfellow at the best of times.

I am proud to be British and love living in Europe. I love flying fast and far around the EU at 190kts in my Mooney Ovation GX. But it is on the N-register simply because there is no straightforward european route allowing me to use the aircraft in the all to frequent poor weather we get here!

Until there is an equivalent european alternative my aircraft along with thousands of others will stay on the N-reg, and my license will be an FAA/IR simple as that. The regulators will continue to threaten but I will only consider my position when the writing is on the wall - which it absolutely is not at the present time.

To those who have spent the extra time and money doing the EU exams - congratulations. I have chosen a different route and I am perfectly happy with it. It is a legally robust route for the present and long may continue to be so.

Happy flying.

SB