PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DAMPS Drug and Alcohol Management
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2008, 07:48
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I suppose some of the problem here is unlike say mining, we have 2 totally different kinds of aviation activities represented on this forum.

While I can see some relevence to mining in the professional aviation arena, I am unaware of such an activity as recreational mining. So maybe the CASA supporters should not be so loud in quoting what is normal in other industries.
From what I have seen of mining the production and domestic sections are stricly quarantined but that is not true in aviation. A good example is Scone where houses back onto the airport and have aircraft access from private land.

I also have severe problems with CASA defacto setting up a new list of "legal" medications. While those of you who fly may have access to a DAME, I am unaware of who non fliers would access for this information. Are CASA suggesting that on top of everything else, GPs and Chemists have to consult, they now need to access CASA rules and if this is the case who pays for the extra. If it is the worker has it been made tax deductible?

If this is such a watertight set of rules with no major adverse unfair implications to an individal or organisations then CASA should be sure enough of their grounds to guarantee that they will refund all expenses if they cause a loss and it is found to be a false positive. If they won't guarantee that, then they are admitting that the whole process is flawed.

Wunwing

Last edited by Wunwing; 27th Sep 2008 at 10:23.