PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty kids, bad parenting, exhausted cabin crew
Old 26th Sep 2008, 19:37
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you West Lakes. You got there before me and saved me having to do all those quotes!

Strake,

We'd love to be able to provide a shoulder for a little one to rest their head on but we also have anything from 100 - 400 other people clamouring for our attention. We don't have the time or resources to do this. As previous crew have said, we are happy to look after a child while mum or dad goes to the loo and help out wherever possible. We understand that children will not always want to sit still for 2 hours and may decide that now would be a good time to give their lungs a work out. That's kids for you and I will always defend a family in this situation if other people are complaining. None of us are talking about this sort of situation. We are talking about the parents that don't give a damn about the safety of the children or others around them.

Originally Posted by nanocas
So,I totally agree that parents have to discipline their kids, not let them be a nuisance to others, teach them how to behave etc.... But in general, society is also becoming more and more intolerant towards children. eg "OMG, this child is staring at me! whatever shall I do? what a nuisance!!"
nanocas,

Having a child staring at you over the back of the seat, talking to you constantly and generally not leaving you alone, may not be a nuisance to you, but it is to many others. Have they not got the right to a bit of peace and quiet?

And just out of interest, what do you do to keep your little girl safe if she won't stay strapped in?

You're living in a dream world. These cases are not the exception to the rule. Unfortunately it's the other way round. But hey ho. Like everything else in this sorry state of a world, IT'S YOUR RIGHT to fly and sod everyone else!

Jsl